Commonwealth Health Corporation, the parent company of The Medical Center, offers a variety of opportunities for physicians including a choice of practice options.
Physician opportunities currently available in Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky include:
- Provide full-time inpatient medical care services from admission through discharge, returning patients to their primary care physician at the time of discharge. Perform medical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment of hospital inpatients. Administer pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions. Serve as accepting physician for referrals from staff physicians.
- IM Hospitalist
- 7 on/7 off - 15 shifts per month
- Salaried with option of participating in great hospital benefit package or receiving equivalent compensation
- Avg daily hospital census of 220, with avg daily hospitalist census of 60-80.
- Permanent staff of eight full-time hospitalists progressing to a 10-physician model
- Infectious Diseases
- Opportunity for a hospital-employed, BC/BE (ABIM) Infectious Diseases physician.
- 337-bed regional hospital with medical staff of 300 physicians, 30+ specialties
- Impressive subspecialty support, including open heart, vascular and neurosurgery services
- Ten-physician hospitalist program handles in-patient admissions with ID consultations.
- Space available on hospital campus for OB-GYN looking to set up independent practice.
- Opportunity to share call and space with another independent OB-GYN.
Physicians who work with Commonwealth Health Corporation enjoy the prestige and support that comes with being a part of a superior healthcare organization.
- CHC keeps pace with the latest technology by investing significantly in the newest and best equipment available. Recently, CHC has invested in the Trilogy stereotactic system from Varian Medical Systems, a 64 Slice CT PET scanner, and da Vinci® Surgical System from Intuitive Surgical. Additionally, CHC invested over $5 million in a 5,600 square foot catheterization lab expansion; four cath labs are equipped to perform diagnostic and interventional procedures including peripheral and electrophysiology procedures.
- The Medical Center completed a $30 million expansion project that includes a two-story addition to the current Emergency Department and Ambulatory Surgery wing of the hospital. The addition provides approximately 48,000 square feet of new space designated entirely for patient care and enables The Medical Center to accommodate 48 new private rooms.
- The organization is constantly striving to improve the way care is delivered. In 2009, The Medical Center was named a top performer in a Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Premier healthcare alliance pay-for-performance (P4P) project that rewards hospitals for delivering higher quality care in five clinical areas.
About Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky
The third largest city in Kentucky, Bowling Green is located in Warren County with a city population of over 54,000. But, Bowling Green serves as the regional hub for business, education, industry and healthcare for 10 counties in Southcentral Kentucky, touting a population of nearly 279,000 for the region. The average annual temperature is around 60 degrees.
Bowling Green and the region offers many opportunities for recreation and cultural activities as well as a variety of area attractions. The quality of life in Bowling Green makes it both an excellent place to raise a family or a wonderful place to retire. As the Bowling Green Chamber of Commerce says, it is "a great place to live, work and play." Learn more about life in Southcentral Kentucky.
If you would like more information on current or future physician opportunities in Bowling Green and Southcentral Kentucky, please contact:
Beverly A. Neves, Recruiting Associate
Fax (270) 842-0765